The Narrabri to North Star (N2NS) section is one of 13 projects that complete Inland Rail and is an upgrade of approximately 188 km of track within the existing rail corridor and construction of approximately 1.6 km of new rail track. The works are required to accommodate the operation of future planned 1,800 m double-stacked freight trains.
The contract for the delivery of Narrabri to North Star (N2NS) was awarded to Trans4m Rail in October 2020. Trans4m Rail combines the experience of John Holland and SEE Civil.
About the Role
Trans4m Rail will be responsible for the construction of level crossings, bridges, upgrading the existing rail line and a new section of rail line.
Trans4m Rail have a great career opportunity available for a Civil Construction Manager who'll play a key role in the successful delivery of a significant piece of rail infrastructure. Working within a high performing project team this role will mobilise to site in early 2021 on a 14/7 roster.
- Directly oversee construction activities on the project.
- Responsible and accountable for the effective programming and construction methodologies of all site works.
- Responsible for project compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordination of construction team, subcontractors, procurement, plant and equipment required.
- Lead and support the project team through project activities and any changes to the project scope.
- Responsible for financial performance of the project.
- Ensure that plant, equipment, staff and subcontractors operate within safe working conditions.
- Coaching, mentoring and training of relevant staff and identify and develop staff within the department.
Skills & Experience required:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Construction White Card
- 15+ years' experience with proven management skills, practices and planning ability.
- Highly effective skills in negotiating, evaluating and administering contracts, specifications, Australian standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Highly effective planning, organising and problem-solving skills together with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
Please follow the links to apply. No agency referred CV will be considered at this time.