Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 18,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments. At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.
About this role
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
Our office in Brisbane is currently seeking to hire a Renewable Energy Consultant to join our Queensland Energy Team. Contributing to the growth of Arups Queensland (QLD) business, the focus of this role is to support the delivery of a range of Australian and international assignments in the energy and renewable power sector from small scale generation to utility sized generation and storage.
What will I do?
- You'll operate with minimal supervision in a designated area of focus, potentially overseeing specific aspects of an external design project.
- Ensuring the quality and precision of both your work and that of your colleagues falls under your purview. Additionally, you may contribute to the growth of your peers by offering guidance, training, and feedback.
- Your responsibilities extend to crafting non-standard letters, reports, and various documents.
- As a representative of your team or group, you might attend external meetings and play a role in the development of intricate events, activities, and internal projects.
- You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams, fostering effective communication and synergy to achieve shared project goals and objectives.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in mechanical/electrical/energy engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated industry expertise spanning solar PV, hydrogen, battery energy storage, pumped hydro, lenders' technical due diligence, project management, and the preparation of project proposals within a consulting business context.
- Membership in relevant professional institutions or substantial progress toward eligibility for such membership.
- Effective communication skills adaptable to both technical and non-technical environments, engaging with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Adeptness at sustaining personal effectiveness, particularly during periods of heightened workload and demonstrated ability to maintain a positive and supportive team ethos.
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be both humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology and rigour to shape a better world.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members.
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.