Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new full-time opportunity within our team for a Principal Geo-Environment Design Engineer (Waste) based in Brisbane. The role will give you the opportunity to lead a dynamic technical team and build on well established relationships with key waste sector clients predominately in Queensland but with opportunities throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Leading the delivery of innovative engineering design solutions for waste sector clients;
- Overseeing the delivery of technical documents (reports, specifications, drawings), prepared by and industry leading team of geo-environment design engineers and civil designers;
- Building and maintaining well established key client relationships with a focus on repeat business;
- Mentoring a team of exceptional junior and intermediate engineers who thrive in the shared responsibility for project delivery; and
- Partnering with operation management to develop and execute strategies to achieve shared goals.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Civil, Geotechnical or Environmental Engineering or equivalent, ideally with post graduate qualifications and other appropriate continuing education.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ).
- Technically proficient with industry recognised design experience in areas related to waste management including contaminate containment and surface water management.
- Ability to lead and integrate into multidisciplinary projects and highly motivated, innovative and committed to technical excellence throughout project execution; and
- Demonstrated leadership, decision making and mentoring skills to support development of junior and intermediate engineers.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
All qualified applicants who meet the specific criteria outlined above including the special opportunity criteria are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.