Job details Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Central West Qld
Job ad reference QLD/403051
Closing date 28-Jun-2022
Job duration Commence: As soon as possible until 24 July 2022
Contact person Vanessa Moller
Contact details 07 4652 8333
The iconic Longreach Region in Central Western Queensland is situated 700 kilometres from the coast, west of Rockhampton. A true outback town Longreach is supported by the main industries of cattle, sheep production and tourism. Travelling to Longreach couldn't be easier with access by rail, road or plane. The region is full of history and draws tourists from around the country to see the unique experiences on offer including the Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Qantas Founders Museum.
For the adventurer the Longreach Region is home to an array of National Parks which allow for camping, fishing, mountain biking and wildlife spotting. View the stunning outback from above with scenic helicopter flights or from the ground with beautiful and informative nature walks. Longreach is the perfect town to experience the true outback lifestyle and welcoming community rural Australia has to offer.
For further information about the school, please to visit the school's website.
What is in it for you?
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
- assistance with relocating
- locality allowance in specified locations
- subsidised accommodation in specified locations
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more .
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification.
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please
- In addition to registration, teachers working in
- Working rights in Australia, which means you have, or you are eligible to obtain a valid Australian Visa with work rights (if you're not already an Australian Citizen or resident).
- Workers in education settings, including schools, early childhood and care services (such as kindergartens and childcare centres) or Outside School Hours Care, are required to have received the prescribed number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine by 23 January 2022.
How to apply:
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Pre-service teachers and graduates are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
Suitable Applications will remain on file for 12 months and may be considered for other teaching vacancies in any school location.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.