JOB POSITION: Journalist / Writer
- Permanent full-time position at Cleo Harper Boutique Burleigh Heads
- 38 hours per week
- 75K per annum + Superannuation
Seeking a journalist/writer with extensive experience in the fashion industry to join the Cleo Harper team and work alongside design and marketing in the publication of specialized written online content to grow traffic, engagement and awareness to the brand.
- Coordinate with design and marketing teams for the publication of specialized online content, relating to fashion, health and fitness, that drives audience growth and engagement with our market on a national and international scale.
- Writing on-brand content for publication on the website and social media platforms on a daily basis. This includes press releases for press and social media influencers, advertisements for collections and product releases, and writing the weekly Cleo Harper newsletter.
- Draft descriptions and headlines for collective designed garments for publication on social media and the website.
- Communicate garment design, fabric qualities and uses to customers through writing, as well as preparing all communication to customers.
- Review and proof read written content on the website to ensure all garments are described with exceptional fashion detail and include a strong technical aspect.
- Research and write content about viral trending lifestyle topics that are on-brand with a high-end activewear product like Cleo Harper.
- Edit all written material from Cleo Harper team and freelancers for the website and social media platforms to ensure technical fashion language and direction of the brand is engaged.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace, and abide by workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
Successful applicants should have:
- Bachelor degree with a Major in Journalism
- Must have extensive experience in the publication of fashion writing.
- Must have experience in communicating, formatting and creating content onto social media and ecommerce platforms.
- Must have strong social media networking skills.
- Contacts within the European and Asian market are preferable.
- Must have broad knowledge of current fashion trends and forecasting.
- Some international experience in the fashion publication field is preferred.
- Photography experience is preferred.
- Must have an understanding of social media networking and operating social media platforms.
- Must be able to describe and publish current trends and designs for online publication.
- Must have technical fashion writing skills relating to garment structure, details and fabric quality.
- Excellent written communication.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work within a team.