- Hands on transactional role with international exposure
- Growing and dynamic global tech company
- Small friendly team and an awesome culture
Be part of an award-winning software organisation providing over 1,200 global customers with fantastically presented insights to make data analytics easy-to-use, so people feel good about their business data.
And Phocas isn’t just loved by our customers. We also have some of the happiest employees going around! In fact, Phocas ranks #1 in , has a 4.6/5 rating on , and in 2019 Phocas won the Culture Transformation Award from Human Synergistics in recognition of our constructive and positive culture.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
About the role
Our brilliant accounting team is currently looking for a hands on, detail oriented & transaction focused Accountant to join our awesome finance team. This is a broad role that requires a professional with a flexible and pro-active approach. It is a fantastic opportunity to work across all functions of Finance, whilst gaining international exposure to our USA, UK & Australian entities.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Accounts Payable & Receivable transaction processing
- Purchasing invoice management
- Maintain general ledgers
- Assist with month end close process, including bank reconciliation
- Assist with the preparation and processing of payroll and benefits - AUS, USA & UK
- Assist with preparing and distributing/filing statutory returns and reports
To be a successful member of our accounting team, you will not only need to demonstrate the appropriate accounting qualifications but be highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, and have a healthy sense of humour. You will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a practical, hands on, high volume processing accounts role
- Have a track record of effectively processing a range of financial transactions ideally for a medium sized business. (International exposure will be advantageous)
- Have experience with Microsoft GP, (or similar financial package is advantageous)
- Be analytically minded and able to analyse numbers intuitively (you usually identify numbers that are not correct)
- Have high attention to detail
- Be able to work independently, but also be a team player that enjoys helping others, and wants to achieve success
- Have a positive, patient, likeable and pleasant disposition - generally not inclined to show temper or frustration
- Be highly motivated by data and financial information processing activities
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, along with a strong commitment to building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Be solution orientated,with sound problem solving skills where you are able to assess the needs of the business as well as the client and act accordingly
Must have full Australian working rights to be considered for this position.
About working at Phocas
We expect results at Phocas, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your paid leave, holidays, and superannuation benefits, we provide a heap of perks which include:
- Fun / Fulfilling: Awesome culture and meaningful work
- Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your own
- Growth: Opportunity to be more – for you and the business
- Wellness: We believe in a real work life balance and have a strong family orientated culture
- Location: Living in a modern country town, but working for a cutting-edge software company - enjoy a comfortable commute to the office, cheaper living, relaxed environment, fresh air, and a strong community that only a country town can offer
To all recruitment agencies: Phocas does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Phocas employees or any other company location. Phocas will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Phocas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.