Seventy-five years ago, we created a home for creative thinkers seeking to solve the world’s biggest challenges. Today, a collective of 18,000+ Arupians gather across the globe from 140 different countries to build a sustainable future.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.
About this role
The focus of this role is to support a range of Australian and international assignments in the energy and renewable power sector from small scale generation to utility sized generation. Technology would cover offshore wind, biomass, solar PV, battery energy storage, pumped hydro energy storage, hydrogen and waste to energy (thermal and biological).
The role of Senior Energy Consultant is important to bridging the gap in developing our techno-economic analysis for clients across Australia. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Australian energy sector and the issues currently being faced by participants.
What will I do?
- Embrace autonomy and excel in a self-directed work environment, taking ownership of deadlines, budget oversight, and financial targets within your domain.
- Be the face of Arup at both internal and external gatherings, with the exciting potential to design and execute impactful events, activities, and projects that shape our Renewable Energy business's future.
- Drive the success and growth of your team by providing insightful guidance, valuable training, clear direction, and constructive feedback, fostering both individual and collective development.
- Immerse yourself in diverse workstreams, spanning energy advisory, renewable energy studies, and front-end engineering design, offering a rich and dynamic professional landscape.
- Contribute your expertise to crafting compelling project proposals, influencing the direction of our initiatives and shaping the future of Arup's endeavors.
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in mechanical, chemical, electrical engineering or similar area;
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in commerce/economics;
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership;
- Strong working knowledge of the energy sector in Australia, currently challenges of the sector, and understanding of how the sector needs to transition
- A good technical understanding of a range of equipment and processes used in the electricity generation sector and key issues affecting each technology.
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, advisors and experts working globally. Founded to be both humane and excellent, we collaborate with our clients and partners using imagination, technology and rigour to shape a better world.
We create spaces where everyone feels safe, seen and included and able to perform at their best. We take an approach to flexible working that supports the diversity and well-being of our members.
Are you ready to shape a better world?
Our open roles are waiting for you on the Arup careers page. If you like what you see here, apply today.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.