Reference Number 27235
Position Title Clinical Nurse - Theatre
Employment Type Temporary Part Time
Division Geraldton Hospital
Award Geraldton Enterprise Agreement Nurses
Classification ER - Reg Nurse Grade 2 - 38 H
Salary $92,278.54 to $98,559.40
Hours per Fortnight 76.00
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God Geraldton Hospital is seeking a Clinical Audit Nurse to join the Theatre team. As a Clinical Nurse, you are to practice using the Scope of Nursing Practice Decision making Framework. You are to Supervise and direct nursing care of registered and enrolled nurses and staff under delegation.
The Clinical Nurse will maintain and improve the standard of nursing/midwifery care, providing clinical expertise and local leadership to ensure that quality patient care is delivered, and the Core Mission and Values of SJOGHS are achieved and upheld.
This position will be offered on a 6 month fixed term contract working 48 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Current registration with the Nurses and Midwives Board of Australia.
- Relevant post basic qualification (eg. Midwifery, Intensive Care etc.)
- Significant recent post-registration experience and the ability to practice at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of relevant acts, codes and standards relevant to current practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal ongoing education and professional development.
- Commitment to nursing/midwifery and other clinical projects that are implemented in order to improve patient care.
- Well-developed leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, give direction and delegate to the team.
- Ability to plan, assess and develop team and individual performance.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, including conflict resolution.
- High level communication skills.
- Salary Packaging & Corporate Discounts
- Parking Available
- Professional Development
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies
Contact Person Kristie Hutton
Contact Number (08) 9965 8893
Closing Date 25/01/2021
Position Description Clinical Nurse, Geraldton.doc
St John of God Health Care