Mental Health Registered Nurse - Robertson Health Centre - Full Time
Job Req ID: 90467
Posting Start Date: 30-Sep-2020
Darwin, Northern Territory, AU, 0829
Contract Type: Full Time
- Rewarding permanent civilian opportunity
- Work within a multi-disciplinary clinical team
- Relocation packages available
You are a dedicated nurse who is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare and is particularly passionate about mental health. With an ability to put patients at ease, your warmth and care is one of your greatest attributes and you understand the importance of this in making a difference to those in need of mental health services. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing health services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
About the Role
You will be an integral member of an experienced multi-disciplinary health care team providing a range of high-quality evidence-based mental health services to patients. You will undertake intake assessments, risk assessments, crisis intervention, case formulation, medication management and group psycho-education, as well as additional support services as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN).
- Extensive full-time (or part-time equivalent) Post Graduate experience in mental health in a primary health or specialist mental health setting undertaking comprehensive mental health assessment and delivering a range of evidence based 'Focussed Psychological Strategies' as defined under the Medicare Schedule.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification.
- Knowledge of relevant State/Territory policies and procedures and national standards governing mental health practice (desirable).
- Knowledge of the ADF Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2018-2023 (desirable).
- Credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN); OR minimum qualification of Graduate Diploma Mental Health Nursing (with at least 75% of program on Mental health theory or practice).
- Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA with a minimum of 10 hours directly related to mental health; OR recent participation in CPD activities in accordance with ACMHN.
ADF Health Services provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this newly-awarded contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. Our staff take pride in delivering quality health services to achieve outstanding care and our new ADF Health Services employees are no exception.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play - from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including Defence, Transport, Justice, Immigration, Healthcare and Citizen Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/ahsc.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now.
Please note your resume must include - start and finish dates for each role, along with employment type (e.g. casual, part-time, full-time) and hours worked per week.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a national police check as an essential selection component for this role. You must also be an Australian Citizen in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance for this role.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people to apply from different backgrounds. By joining Serco you will have access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LBGTI+) Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website