- Helping to make a positive difference in the lives of the community.
- Be professional, proactive, motivated and customer focussed – acting as a positive brand ambassador for the Leisure Centres, our Programs and range of services.
- Ensuring all mandatory qualifications and certificates relevant to the position are met (Minimum Certificate IV in Fitness, of current Fitness Australia registration, CPR Certificate and Senior First Aid Certificate)
- Provide exceptional customer service to all customers and prospective members – upholding our organisational values in all that you do.
- Provide exercise education and goal setting for our Leisure Centre customers.
- Support member retention, fitness promotions and member inductions.
- Be a team-player, being open and available to perform ‘fill-in’ classes at short notice (if qualified in Group Fitness).
- Ensure equipment is appropriately set-up and packed away.
- Help promote and maintain high standards of cleanliness of all areas.
- Support the maintenance of Fitness Centre equipment, collaborating with other team members and supervisors to resolve any problems.
- Maintain all relevant records onsite to adhere to industry and LC standards and guidelines, updating procedures as required.
- Helping our customers to achieve their individual fitness goals, whether that be injury rehab, improving mobility, getting fit, staying fit or taking on new fitness challenges.
- Working for an organisation that has its heart in the community and a belief in its people.
- Driving and upholding the Leisure Centers’ positive brand reputation, high quality services and programs.
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm, Friday 29 January 2021
- Package: $50,509 - $53,428 gross p.a. plus superannuation (pro-rated to the relevant part-time hours)
- Hours of work: Temporary part-time (10 months), 19 hours per week
- Must be available to work flexibly on a 7 day week roster (Monday - Sunday) throughout the year; and be available to work a spread of hours between 5:00am - 9:00pm, to support operational requirements of our Centres.
- Locations will be across the Sutherland Leisure Centre, Engadine Leisure Centre and Menai locations as required.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
- Click on the link to check out the
- Please note that candidates must meet all essential qualifications and certificates to be eligible for this position
- Reach out to Melinda on 8536 9709 for any job specific enquiries
Sutherland Shire Council (Council) adheres to The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 NSW when collecting, using and storing your personal information, and is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. Council is collecting your personal information as part of the recruitment and selection process and advises your application will be hosted by an external service provider under contract by Council. By proceeding with your application, you acknowledge your personal information will be hosted by Councils’ external service provider until such time as you notify otherwise. * Yes I agree to the privacy statement*
Personal Details * Required field * Title*
- First name*
- Last name*
- Street Cont.
- City, Town or Suburb*
- Postcode or Zipcode*
- State, Region or Province*
Please confirm that you have read the position description* * Yes
- Please list your qualifications and certificates that are applicable to the Fitness Trainer position.*
- Temporary Resident or Visa Holder
- No current rights to work in Australia
- Should you be successful with your application, will you be engaging in other employment (including paid or unpaid ) that is outside of Sutherland Shire Council, or in addition to existing employment with Sutherland Shire Council? If yes, please disclose details. (Note: Secondary Employment must be approved by Sutherland Shire Council's CEO prior to any offer of employment).*
- What is it about Sutherland Shire Council that interests you in developing your career with us?*
- At the Leisure Centres, we work across multiple sites and over a spread of hours (5am - 9pm), 7 days per week. Would you be available to be rostered across this spread? If not, please tell us that your availability is.*
- Tell us about your background within the Fitness Industry. Are there any achievements you are particularly proud of?*
- What unique qualities do you believe you could bring to the role?*
© 2020 Sutherland Shire Council | |
If you want to make a difference and be part of a challenging and rewarding working environment, then joining us just might be the right career move for you! Join a passionate and dedicated team covering a diversity of services, industries and occupations.
At Sutherland Shire Council we do more than serve our community - we are our community. Our energy can be seen in everything we do. From having a can-do attitude, to embracing change and opportunities, being people-centred and working together as one.
Sutherland Shire Council