The team owns production. The main aim is to make production better in all aspects, be it through performance tweaks, more detailed monitoring, better release procedures, improved testing and generally in-depth knowledge of each product running in production environment. The team runs production as well as UAT / production-parallel environments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- You will be the expert who analyses, implements, improves and maintains technical plant monitoring, alerting and provisioning and capacity management
- You will set the standards to maintain trustworthy release and deployment practices on a critical piece of our business
- You will help document and communicate production changes
- You will have broad authority to systematize, automate, and eliminate recurring tasks and issues
- You will contribute in designing, building and maintaining integration testing for large scale distributed applications
- You will drive continuous improvement through bug follow-ups and root-cause analysis. You’ll be standard-bearer for visibility of integration, capacity and outage risks
- You will define the semantics of our configurations and topology
- You will be central to working with multiple dev teams and enabling fast delivery of complex inter-dependent changes
- You will be influential in changing our SDLC processes
- You will work in a progressive, closely-knit, motivated team
- You will have the opportunity to learn, experiment and suggest new approaches and technologies in a global team
- You will share our passion regarding production stability and operational risk reduction, balancing pragmatic risk-reward trade-offs with certain red lines we will never cross
To be considered, a candidate needs to:
- Have the ability to learn fast and to understand things in detail
- Demonstrate good proficiency at using Linux and basic Linux sysadmin capabilities, including bash scripting
- Demonstrate experience using source control systems beyond trivial use cases
- Demonstrate working python knowledge: good understanding of object oriented programming and ability to write and test python apps beyond simple scripts
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and design REST-like services
- Show interest in financial markets
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Have good communication skills
- Like working in a closely-knit team where we strive to keep everyone informed of everything
Ideally a candidate should also cover some or all of:
- Having 2 or more years of experience in a similar role.
- Having experience with Cloud and Infrastructure as Code technologies
- Having proven experience managing or at least modifying and improving SDLC processes
- Advanced python programming knowledge: production application deployments, integration testing
- Demonstrating proficiency in Java, C and/or C++
- Having experience with Prometheus, Influx and/or Grafana
- Having experience in continuous integration
- Having experience with large scale data processing tools like Elastic Search and add-on tools like Kibana, Logstash
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more:
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity