AU$74,000 - AU$78,000
- share this job
- Email Job
- Save Job
Are you an experienced media & communications professional?
Have you worked within local government previously?
About Our Client
Working closely with the Communications Manager and wider comms team, you will play a leading role in writing content for the organisations monthly newsletter. Developing and delivering high-quality, effective and relevant communication to the community. You will be confident in liaising with senior internal and external stakeholders and not be afraid to pick up the phone, go out, and find interesting stories and content.
- Writing articles and other content aimed at residents of the local community - including newsletters and articles shared on social media and the website.
- Advise and update senior managers across the organisation on the development and implementation of the newsletter.
- Work with the media and other external stakeholders to drive and deliver the external comms strategy that improves the quality of the relationship between organisation and community.
- Working with Strategy and Analysis, contribute to the regular assessment of stakeholder communications to ensure the approaches are effective.
- Writing key speeches/ addresses for the board as required.
To be considered for the role you must have a proven ability to manage and engage senior stakeholders, you will be a confident communicator with experience in writing high-quality communications across various channels. You will be a self-motivated and driven individual with good writing experience.
This is a contract opportunity where you will be expected to contribute to the development and success of the organisation. Preferably you will have recent experience working for a large, complex organisation; ideally with a community focus.
Key requirements of the role:
- Degree qualification in communications or a related, relevant field are required.
- Experience as a communications practitioner, with excellent writing capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of modern communications principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, to motivate others to produce desired outcomes and to contribute to desired team culture and outputs.
- Proven ability to simultaneously coordinate several communication activities or projects, manage competing priorities and achieve required outputs on time and on budget.
For your hardwork and commitment to the role you will be rewarded with the opportunity to write for and contribute to a popular community newsletter. You will also work alongside an experienced team, which could potentially lead to a longer-term opportunity.