Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Who We Are
Otraco International is the world's leading provider of Earthmover/Off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major, blue chip, mining companies while maximising production and enhancing safety. Entirely independent of any tyre manufacturer or supplier, we have continued to set new benchmarks in tyre performance - delivering dramatic savings with uncompromising standards of quality, safety and professionalism.
Otraco lead the way in training and development. Our new Otraco Training Facility in Kewdale enables us to invest in our Tyre Technicians ensure all have the most current industry qualifications.
We are currently seeking experienced Tyre Technicians across our projects and, if you have OTR experience with a lapsed/old Tyre Fitting qualification and are looking to upgrade your Cert II, we would like to hear from you. We have the capability to fast track training which would see you attain the most recent Cert II qualification in Tyre Fitting and start a successful career with Otraco.
We can consider either, candidates with non-current Cert II in Automotive Mechanical Tyre Fitting with OTR experience or, those with the most recent Cert II (AUR21916) that are looking to gain OTR experience. Ideally you will demonstrate:
- Earthmover tyre fitting experience on mine sites
- A Certificate II in Tyre Fitting
- A valid and current Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence (minimum of an HR licence)
- A current WorkSafe forklift licence
- Possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- An understanding that safety is paramount, with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety procedures
- Possess a high level of maturity, initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing training and development
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health and wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive business
This is a genuine development opportunity to further extend and build upon your experience, a chance to define your career path with our world-class organisation.
Interested? Apply now! Or for further information please contact Patrick Hardie on 08 6212 9519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button