Reference Number 27216
Position Title Emergency Consultant
Employment Type Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Division Geelong Hospital
Award ER Negotiated Salaries
Classification Negotiated Salaries 38 Hour Week
Salary Dependent on qualifications
Hours per Fortnight 32.00
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
St John of God Geelong Hospital has opportunities enthusiastic ED Consultants to join their dynamic FACEM lead team. You will get excellent exposure to a wide variety of pathologies in a mixed Emergency Department coupled with flexible, family-friendly roster
Who are we?
- St John of God Hospital Geelong is a large not-for-profit health care organisation that provides high quality health care to Geelong and the surrounding community.
- Inpatient services include a new ICU & all subspecialties except Psychiatry
- ACEM-accredited for up to 6 months advanced training in ED (linked with University Hospital Geelong)
- Benefits include access to salary packaging and CME funding
- Eligibility for full registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in Emergency Medicine.
- Fellow of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM).
- Demonstrated substantial clinical experience in the management of high acuity patients in a complex hospital environment, including Paediatrics.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and clearly in a clinical context – written and oral.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including negotiation and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching at registrar or fellowship level.
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Salary packaging & corporate discounts
- Parking available
- Professional development
- All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
Contact Person Georgina Hayden
Contact Number 0352268811
Closing Date 15/02/2021
Position Description Emergency Consultant - Geelong.pdf
St John of God Health Care